At Falconer’s Hill we value our close partnership with parents.
The three-way link between home, school and the child is crucial to the child achieving their maximum potential.
By working together we can ensure a happy, successful primary school career. We value the support of parents and offer a range of activities and social activities to strengthen our partnership.
We use lots of different ways to communicate with parents, such as the regular newsletter, ClassDojo and MyChildAtSchool. This is where you will find out lots of information about things which are happening at school, such as work the children have been doing, their achievements, special events, celebrations, dates for your diary and general information about the day to day life of the school.
We hope our website will also provide you with all the relevant information you require as a parent. If there is anything not on here that you would like to be then please let us know. We welcome feedback and improvements so we can ensure the website is the best it can be.
Falconer's Hill Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people. Providing a safe environment for all our students, staff and visitors is at the upmost importance to us.
Our Safeguarding Team
M HamblinDeputy Head/DDSL
J BennettInclusion Manager/DDSL
Fire and Emergency Evacuation: If the fire alarm sounds, please leave the building immediately by the nearest fire exit and assemble on the school playground.
First Aid: Please ask at reception if you need assistance.
Accidents and Incidents: Please report these to reception
Access to the Internet: All users of the school systems and Wi-Fi must comply with the school’s ICT policy. Please ask for details.
Visitors’ Toilets: These are located by the Staff room, near reception.
Parking and Disabled Access: Limited parking is available in our car park. Please park with consideration
Disclosure by a child
If a student discloses information about significant harm you should:
- Tell the student that you need to tell someone else, you cannot promise confidentiality.
- Make accurate notes of what has been said by the student and pass this immediately to the designated safeguarding lead.
It is not your responsibility to investigate but to report to the designated safeguarding lead.
As a visitor to our school, either as a contractor, volunteer, supply teacher or someone that has come to work with our children in any capacity, it is important that you are aware of our safeguarding procedures.
- Please refer to the back page of this leaflet for contact details of our child protection team. Alternatively, please contact reception who can locate them for you.
- If there is any reason to suspect that a student has suffered from bullying or discrimination, or is likely to suffer significant harm, you must inform the designated safeguarding lead immediately. Our staff will follow the procedures according to the school’s safeguarding policy.
Keeping Everyone Safe
We hope that you have an enjoyable visit to Falconer’s Hill Academy. Our main priority is to ensure that everyone who visits is aware of their responsibilities towards making sure all young people are safe. As a visitor remember the following:
- If you are working in a 1:1 situation with a student, we must have confirmation that all the necessary safeguarding checks have been carried out including an enhanced DBS check.
- You must not have any physical contact with any student.
- You must never exchange contact details with a student or arrange to meet them outside of the school environment.
- The use of cameras and taking photographs is not permitted unless prior permission has been sought.
Dear parents and carers we think it is important that you and your children can contact us if you have any concerns. It may be that you just want to discuss with someone how you are coping at this time. We have set up a couple of email addresses that you can use to contact us, one for children and one for adults.
TTT@falconershillacademy.co.uk is an email address that children can use to contact us if they need someone to talk to about how they are coping at this challenging time. This stands for Time To Talk.
DSL@falconershillacademy.co.uk is an email address that parents and carers can use to contact our Designated Safeguarding Leads if they have any safeguarding needs or concerns. We will email you back or give you a call.
Childline - https://www.childline.org.uk/ 0800 1111
https://parentinfo.org/ - A collaboration between Parent Zone and NCA-CEOP, providing support and guidance for parents from leading experts and organisations
https://www.net-aware.org.uk/ - Your guide to social networks, apps and games
Our performance against other schools can be found via the Department for Education’s School Performance Table.
KS2 Performance Data - 2018/19
KS2 Results Over Time
Ofsted & Parent View
Our latest Ofsted report can be found here.
- Attendance Expectations Sept 2020
- Falconers Hill Young Carers
- Get the Test 090920
- Internet Safety Guide Tiktok
- Letter to parents 170720